Major Tom - message.....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Major Tom - message.....

Post by SmokeEm »

Last night I was having a few jars in a pub just down the road from my place when the landlord & I got chatting... It seems that he worked at NGTE between 1967 & 1988 and is somewhat of an expert on the site. I gave him details of your post on here and rather excitedly he disappeared out back on his PC to read it. When he returned he proceeded to tell me everything about anything there and even a few things that were kept rather secret! (Something to do with NGTE supplying electricity for the national grid as a sideline?) When you come down next mate, I'll take you there for a jar or two coz it would seem he can answer any questions you might have - he did mention what the grating was for but i was p*ssed by then! - he did say it was nothing to do with a film set though - it was there all along apparently..MUCH BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN just fade away.....
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

BUMP

Post by SmokeEm »

.MUCH BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN just fade away.....
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Thanks for the message dude...

Post by Major_Tom »

..I'll link up with you both.

Bound to be an interesting discussion though, because there are still props from the film with the fictional company's name on erected in one of the testing cells, and loads of scenery in a big pit, not to mention all of the rails for film cameras welded inside the engine cells.. and the wooden doors in a jet exhaust diffuser :)

To be fair I don't think the last tour showed the doors though.

Drop me a text mate - 07757961673 - we'll arrange it for next time.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator

Will do mate, I go on Holiday this Friday

Post by SmokeEm »

for a fortnight in the sun so we'll hook up when I get back. :)MUCH BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN just fade away.....