Anyone with a spare aldon ignition?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Anyone with a spare aldon ignition?

Post by capri_sam »

Possibly a long shot but I dont suppose anyone has a spare aldon or similar fit and forget leccy ignition set lying around do they? Perhaps one of you folk going to MJ... Can't afford to keep running an essex on points, I need something to save me some petrol lol. And to give the old lump a bit of a kick up the arse :)

As above, it's for an essex, the pinto and essex set ups for the aldon are different in more ways than one I do believe... If anyones got anything either post on here or email me with what you got and how much you want for it :)
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

sorry for an essex by the way...

Post by capri_sam »

and since no one going to MJ is on a V6 then it's a bit of a pointless ask... sorry wasn't thinking right. Still, if anyones got anything or any suggestions, let me know!
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Re: Anyone with a spare aldon ignition?

Post by Beakster »

If you end up getting a new one give Pertronix a call, they are the ones that make them. I did that when I was getting mine. They gave me a list of the places that sell them cheapest and I called around and got a good deal.Image
thesnake505

you could also

Post by thesnake505 »

go mega jolt your self! its possible to do it on a v6 so do it lol
FUN IS NOT A STRAGHT LINE
capri_sam

Re: you could also

Post by capri_sam »

haha, MJ would be cool but it's a bit too involved for me at the moment perhaps, im not ashamed to say I have not got an F'ing clue what the MJ posts are on about! Especially as for the moment i'm staying standard bar the K&N and maybe a new exhaust. It would be good fun to try at some point though... Maybe when I go cammed and supercharged in a couple of years hehe...