good news, bad news, and ugly news:

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_turbo

good news, bad news, and ugly news:

Post by capri_turbo »

the good:

I've finally isolated the missfire on the TT to no3.

the bad:

Looks like head gasket.

the ugly:

Both Capris may have to be sold as my 6 year marriage collapsed this morning. My 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son MUST come first. I'm hoping that I can keep both cars, but I can't afford to buy my wife's half of the house.

I'm completely shellshocked and won't be around for quite a while either on here or email.Image

A Capri is for life... NOT just for Christmas
thesnake505

gutted for you mate

Post by thesnake505 »

sorry to hear about that, hope u can keep the cars! never really know what to say in times like these, however if u need any thing i will help in any way i can u only have to ask! take care snake....FUN IS NOT A STRAGHT LINE
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

feel for you mate

Post by Supercharged Nat »

really sorry to hear that Colin. we all hope things work out for the best for you and your family.Image

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

I'm.....

Post by 340truck »

...so sorry for you. Been there, it is devastating but you will come through it. Forget anything but doing whats right at all times for your children and yourself and you will be ok.
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

Re: I'm.....

Post by Sonic »

Jeez that is rough Colin.

Thanks for letting us know you wont be around because of your problems. I've never met you personally but I do feel for you..... we will all miss you around here thats for sure.

What ever happens, do whats right for the kids. The Capris are just cars and if they need to go, there will always be a new capri project around the corner when your minds fit for it.

Keep the chin up mate!
Matty2148
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk1 GLX

Sorry to hear that Col

Post by Matty2148 »

Just finishing my dovorce off next month, I know exactly how you feel mate.
Matthew
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Re: good news, bad news, and ugly news:

Post by Beakster »

Really sorry to hear that Colin. You gotta do whats best tho and if the cars have to go so be it. :( The fun is in building them though so when you're ready im sure you can give birth to another super tuned Capri. :)Image
rousecapri

re:

Post by rousecapri »

i feel for you
have been there my self(married for 4 yrs)
it cost me my house and my cars(but i managed to keep one of them as i sold it to a mate for a £1 and then bought it back when the divorce came through)
like you said the kids come first(i have a 6 yr old daughter)
i found another missus(and she had a house with a nice big drive way and garden)
it will all sort its self out it just takes time
mark
QuadCamCapri
Car(s): Capri 'Classic Thundersaloon'
5.0 32V Cobra V8 and E34 Touring

Post by QuadCamCapri »

Sorry to hear about that Colin, happened to me when my daughter and son were similar ages so know how your feeling right now.

Hope things can be sorted amicably between you.
My in-car race video Cadwell Park 1995 Capri V6 vs 2x V8's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSBcLhI ... gvD3_PeHIA
capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

the good thing is that me and Anj are friends and always will be. She's just drifted away so far now that she bring herself back, if that makes any sense... we've not fallen out or anything, so things are on a good footing to start with.

We have to finish the bungalow project, sell it, then sell the main house and split any profits. It could take 12 months to get things properly sorted, but as we're still friends, it won't be a problem for either of us, and I get to spend more quality time with the kids.Image

A Capri is for life... NOT just for Christmas
butler2.8i

Post by butler2.8i »

Hi col, as some people on here already know i`ve through this myself lately and even though you dont feel it at the moment things do get better, just takes time thats all. As you`ve already said yourself the most important people in this are the kids as they really cant understand whats going on. Chin up col were all here if you need us.