Mint concept capri (non ford, dont get excited!)

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Mint concept capri (non ford, dont get excited!)

Post by capri_sam »

http://www.dmmultimedia.com/capri2006_01.htm

How good does that look? Takes the best parts of the capri and modernises them, far nicer than the visos... If only ford didn't think the capri had "Too much history attached to it" :( They were perfectly happy to make the Ford GT. Can't imagine where the inspiration for THAT car came from lol!
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Mint concept capri (non ford, dont get excited!)

Post by Peter-S »

Looks good, I think the designer posted some pics on here a year ot two back
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

I would...

Post by 340truck »

...buy one of those if Ford would make it.
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

But that would mean owning a modern car Dave...

Post by rich_jc »

It would have diesel versions and everything.

Rich"bar weep granna weep ni ni bong!"
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

I'd buy a diesel..

Post by Sonic »

I wouldnt laugh at a diesel nowadays. Since the passat could probably beat a capri on the road.

I drove a BMW 3.0 turbo 231bhp and would happily drive one in a capri. There is even a 3.0 twin turbo version of it.

Does ford have any ballsy engines these days? As i said before, the japanese have took the place of ford for quick cheap cars.

Seen that CGI before. It looks good, but the bumper is too big, lights too small and grill looks plain. But im sure the guy (ford employee) who designed the DB9 could sort that.
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Re: I'd buy a diesel..

Post by capri_sam »

I was camping this weekend with a bloke with a 1.9CDTI Vectra which has as much power as a 2.8i lol. Shocking! It's true, in a growing number of new cars the diesel option is the best all round. Now if they did a supercharged turbo charged 2.something + litre diesel option, that would be a good choice. No lag, and plenty of boost. Cars are just getting quicker frankly. That supercharged, turbo'd 1.4 golf puts out 160bhp, and there are 200bhp 1.6 supercharged MINI's too. I wouldnt want either, but there is growing demand for hot options in cars.
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

Re: I'd buy a diesel..

Post by Sonic »

A new capri would have to offer a wide range of engines. We live in a more environmentally friendly world than in the 70's.

The engine in the 535 is a two stage turbo version, using a small turbo for low revs and big one for when your nailing it. Which means no turbo lag.

Something refined like that would be just about awesome as your still getting 40mpg, on something that pulls like a train.

Saying that you cant beat a normal aspirated 3litre. A nice looking car should be able to rev up 7K-9K.

But do ford have any good engines like that?
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Ford do have good engines...

Post by rich_jc »

They just dont make them, volvo do.

Rich"bar weep granna weep ni ni bong!"
MattD_Capri

The Pinto

Post by MattD_Capri »

not very new I know is good up to 7K in short bursts and that engine is bloody old its just now like mentioned above Ford have there descent european engines are made by volvo. What happened to the Ford muscle car yeah nice one with the 5cl volvo powered Focus ST, with lack of any V8's and rear wheel drive. It pisses me off that the only company now doing general rear wheel drive is BMW. FWD sucks.Image