North East Show

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
mooneyj

North East Show

Post by mooneyj »

i have said in the past that i want to put on a north east show. have been today to make enquireys about hiring a function room and a field at a working mans club in north yorkshire to stage a show.

i will be haveing a proper meeting with the steward of the club in the coming fortnight so i need a show of hands as to who would be interested in doing a show in north yorkshire in june july or aug next year.

all i need is a rough idea of numbers.

and yes dave you can bring the donut van
tck
Car(s): 2.8 Turbo, 2.8 special.

thoughts jamie

Post by tck »

maybe suggest you contact the various Northern capri Clubs mate.You will only get a few takers off here m8,(the southerners wont travel north or watford gap).As long as dates dont clash i'd be up for it.
Capri_Andy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Laser 2.9 efi resto (in many pieces)

Im a supporter of a northern show

Post by Capri_Andy »

Im sure a few of us easterners will go, if the southerners wont. Since we're already north of watford theres no excuse not to travel up north, after all you guys make it down to our shows!Image
The big fast red one!
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Yep...

Post by 340truck »

...I'd come Jamie. Don't know about the donut van - a long pull up there but depends how it goes with the 2.0ltr engine and high torque cam being fitted over the winter.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

way'aye....

Post by mjcapri »

I'd be up for it.
Matty28i
Car(s): Mk3 2.8i not a 2.8i any more... 2.9 24V BOB Long Term Project.

Mk3 1.6LS Now 2.0lt powered 4 speed rocket box. Work in progress daily driver.

North East Show

Post by Matty28i »

Jamie,

I could/will be interested but as said, by Pete. More clubs/forums need to be interested.

Just look at the varied turn out on Sunday. Not all one type of car or brand. Not that I have a problem with that as it's a good laid back event.

If it's got a good calender space and venue. Good publicity etc. This years weather has not helped.

I wish you luck bringing an event together.

Matty28i
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Yeah, do what our local club has done...

Post by rich_jc »

And leave it open to all marques of car. Its worked well for them, they have a turn out of 35-50 cars every month at their gatherings!

Keep it strictly metal bumper though. If Dave were to go, im sure id tag along.

Rich"bar weep granna weep ni ni bong!"
Matty28i
Car(s): Mk3 2.8i not a 2.8i any more... 2.9 24V BOB Long Term Project.

Mk3 1.6LS Now 2.0lt powered 4 speed rocket box. Work in progress daily driver.

Re: Yeah, do what our local club has done...

Post by Matty28i »

Rich,

You've hit the nail on the head there!

Local garage to me a couple of years back was like a step back in time on Saturdays. All the old classics and kit cars would be there at some point.

Jamie,

You must have seen the trend of a few old skool cars turning up as in Vauxhals and the old Fords. Even though the modern element turned up and a lass on her way to the gym.

Need to cover all aspects as old cars are getting old and rare.

Summer Camp etc. Now one day! Sunday what number was there? At least the event has not been taken over by "Chavs" but be realistic an event costs money to hold, not to mention the hidden costs.

Open the event to all old skool cars and you will probably get a good return in the gate fees.

Sorry I'll have to buy a flat cap now!

Matty