Well It all happens at once....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
aerosam

Well It all happens at once....

Post by aerosam »

Me and the wife are a bit strapped for cash at the mo as she has been off work for 6 weeks after catching meningitis but nevertheless we decided to have a nice day out in somerset yesterday.

After a couple of museums and several cider farms we headed home. In the third lane of the M5 (doing the speed limit of course!) the mondeo starts tapping loudly and belching smoke. We pull over and call the RAC, who after an hour turn up and finds all 4 of the spark plug holes full to the brim with oil and no compression at all. One fooked mondy. Towed us off the motorway and after another 2 hours waiting and parting company with £200 a recovery truck turns up and takes us and the car home.

Oh and this morning the dishwasher goes bang, literally.

Looking on the bright side, at least now I get to drive the capri every day till the mondeo gets fixed, and at least the dishwaswer has cleaned the dishes before that packed up too.Efi Pinto's rock!!!
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

thats the way to look at it!

Post by Supercharged Nat »

sorry to hear your having 'technology' problems. dont think ive ever heard of a zetec going down like that though. what do ya think?- cam belt?

i hate indoor appliances, washing machines and dishwashers especially! but like you said, at least you didnt have to do them by hand!Image

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.