v-v-v-v-viper stripes :) (minor 56k warning)

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

v-v-v-v-viper stripes :) (minor 56k warning)

Post by capri_sam »

Fitted them yesterday afternoon/ this morning. Not perfect (had to cut them slightly to get over the bonnet bulge) but they are ok and look the dogs danglies! From a distance anyways lol.

Few pics (apologies for the quality- photobucket seems to have downsized them somewhat)

Before...

After...

Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Loving the stripes....

Post by Beakster »

...but very jealous of all that parking space you got!

Nice to see you went for white, so people won't thinking I'm copying when I get some sliver ones. :)

Good job, look pretty straight. You probably find the car turns a lot more heads now as stripes really make it stand out.

And you can laugh when you drive past boy racers in their Fiesta ST's with tiny stripes over their stumpy wee bonnets when you have a mile of them over yours!Image
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

cheers mate!

Post by capri_sam »

I'm pleased with them. They are far from perfect, couple of tiny wrinkles etc, and they taper in a bit on the front and back of the bonnet and roof, but they look ok from a distance. Quite striking :) Lets see how they hold up under the daily smattering of cow **** I pick up driving around my area...
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

SHELBY stripes, NOT viper stripes.....

Post by Terra-Kotta »

We drive FORDS!!! ;)
capri_sam

Re: SHELBY stripes, NOT viper stripes.....

Post by capri_sam »

Lol I stand corrected :) I'll just put it down to having stolen them off a viper. Which I ate.
daisyduke
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 mark III Laser running 115bhp

awesome!

Post by daisyduke »

they look ace, looks like mine doesnt it a little, (which means it looks really good heh heh)

mine tapers in a little at the front too, just try and ignore it, how much of a bitch was that bulge ey!!

good job!
haydn_gnarlerboy
Car(s): Crap 2.0 laser capri, fully modded and fully falling apart.
3.5 V8 Ford Popular (mainly daily driver)
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

nice! hard to find those fat ones about....they sure do look

Post by haydn_gnarlerboy »

I had on mine...and mine bent off to one side like **** at the back haha...fglad to see you used hte string trick someone told me about AFTER i'd oput mine on...
Steal not my pictures else thou shalt incur my displeasure.....Haydn Barker
capri_sam

Re: nice! hard to find those fat ones about....they sure do look

Post by capri_sam »

tell me about it, I spent 3 days ringing round different signwriting companies asking if they had anything more than 15cm in anything longer than 4m Some wouldn't touch it and the rest were extortionate (£60 odd) as they would have had to cut it off the top of a much bigger sheet which then could no longer be used to print, say, a van, so it was a waste of money for them. In the end a guy on ebay did them for £16 inc P&P, so I was happy!
haydn_gnarlerboy
Car(s): Crap 2.0 laser capri, fully modded and fully falling apart.
3.5 V8 Ford Popular (mainly daily driver)
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

bloody hell that's cheap! they adhesive or didyou have to ac

Post by haydn_gnarlerboy »

those are easier to fit the water ones, that's what mine are, of course i still managed to bugger em up- but the self adhesive ones are a right bugger to fit especially on a multicurved body like the capri, you done a good job either way though...
Steal not my pictures else thou shalt incur my displeasure.....Haydn Barker
capri_sam

Re: bloody hell that's cheap! they adhesive or didyou have to ac

Post by capri_sam »

haha cheers mate, they look nowhere near as good close up though! They were dirt cheap, but the vinyl isnt great, I think he might have cut it by hand there are a couple of bits where it's obviously not been laser cut, but it looks ok from a distance. Yeah they were water applied, I think you can water apply any of them, it just kind of masks the stickiness for a few minutes to give you time to place them properly.