my capri - update & BITS NEEDED please!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
daisyduke
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 mark III Laser running 115bhp

my capri - update & BITS NEEDED please!!

Post by daisyduke »

firstly, picked up my car yesterday (hooray) and heres how it's now running:

Cause of breakdown - Timing belt slipped two or three notches (due to lack of maintenance, it was fraying along one side, possibly causing it to ride up the pulley slightly). This bent the exhaust valves as they just hit the piston crowns, leaving tiny dents.

New valves and reseating is all that was really needed.

Whilst the head was off:
It was skimmed by 50 thou (that£s 1.25mm) to increase compression, up to about 10/1. improving fuel economy also.

Head disassembly and inspection revealed scoring on the rocker buckets, suspected similar scoring on the Cam £ turned out to be the case so replacement Cam sought (Scoring probably due to poor oil maintenance at various stages of car£s life).

Stage 1 road cam fitted, slightly advanced timing set, awaiting rolling road.

Twin choke Weber and manifold fitted. Weber is off a 2 Litre, and is running rich awaiting re-jetting.

HELP NEEDED:
1) looking for the £spacer plate£ that fits between the carburetor body and the inlet manifold (about 10mm thick, usually made of very hard plastics material) for a twin choke 28/36 Weber (from a 2 Litre Pinto).

2)Has anyone tried the Albertronic 123 electronic distributor? My Dad fitted one to his TR6 and said it ironed out the inherent advance and retard mechanism irregularities. On my Bosch dizzy I have already had to unseize the centrifugal weights a couple of times.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

That sounds like fun..

Post by Major_Tom »

..check the gay with regards to your spacer plate:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WEBER-32-36-DGAV- ... 0145173516

How does that look?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
interstellar_overdrive

I've got two unused spacers for Weber carbs

Post by interstellar_overdrive »

5mm and 7mm (or 7mm and 10mm I don't remember), still in their sealed package. They are for you for free if you pay the shipment from Switzerland...

Eric