'F' reg anyone?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

'F' reg anyone?

Post by Peter-S »

Don't fancy the starting price too much though, even if it might worth it I don't think I could pay that

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-280-BR ... dZViewItem
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
mooneyj

what evidence does

Post by mooneyj »

he have to say its the very last one.he is trying to make the car worth more than it is.

realisticly his car is worth the same as a d or e reg brookie with the same milage. 4-8k max
injection444

Re: what evidence does

Post by injection444 »

if its had 5k spent on the bodywork, why is it starting to rust?

Nice looking car but i think my son's inheritance will stay where it is for now!!
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Lot's of....

Post by 340truck »

...what he says sounds like bollox to me - for instance 80000 miles is a lot of sunny Sundays! How can it be original inside and out if £5000 has been spent on the bodywork? As Jamie says, surely even if he has positive proof it's the last one, what does he expect to get for it? "Last time on ebay I had hundreds of phone calls" - yeah but no-one bought it did they!
tck
Car(s): 2.8 Turbo, 2.8 special.

Bet u didnt know that car has

Post by tck »

anti-lock brakes did ya! lol....to go with the "pattern bloody wings"....hence F280 PBW....ha..ha..........shame who ever did the body work couldnt get the side mouldings "straight"......must be them there pattern bloody wings again lol..
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

The description...

Post by 340truck »

...has been changed now - he now says "one of the last registered". It's build number 489 - that must mean it sat in a field waiting to be sold for how long?
partsguru280

it was changed because

Post by partsguru280 »

it was pointed ou that the last 280 built is somewhere else by a man who knows his 280`s.
not me i hasten to add.
chris
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

Re: it was changed because

Post by Sonic »

Does ford still own a brooklands?

I remember reading a relatively recent test drive review where the guy borrowed a 280 from ford. It was either the first or last brooklands.

For the life of me I cant find it on the net. I remembered he described the bonnet as a "flight deck".

Where are no.1 and No.1038?
standard_Man
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Non - Sta1ker has claimed them all

Yep

Post by standard_Man »

For still own it, it was mentioned by Ford as the last but someone else claims to have the last one too.

Maybe they came of the line three in a row.
You never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression
Matty2148
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk1 GLX

Re: Lot's of....

Post by Matty2148 »

Orriginal my arse, look at the rear bumper overriders, and the front seats have something missing?? Like red piping!  I remember this car been on before, the orriginal seller was in stoke or somewhere like that?!
Matthew