Comments about the site being out of date

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
guitarswet

Comments about the site being out of date

Post by guitarswet »

It is true that hardly anyone sends me nice pictures of Capris anymore.£ I used to get several a week and now its more like one or two a month.£ I can't force people to send me pictures but if people think the picture gallery is out of date then PLEASE send me some new pictures with a story and I'll gladly post them!
If all the members in the forum sent me ONE picture each then the galley would grow in size considerbly!
The spares listings are difficult to keep up to date because I rely on people telling me when things have changed.£ I do add and delete entries - one was removed only today at the owners request.£ So if YOU KNOW of a listing in my spares section that is no longer relevent the please let me know and I'll do something about it.
The branch listings are kept up to date as much as possible and I do get branch secretaries sending me updates on a fairly regular basis.
The links are tested regularly and dead ones always removed.
Also - if any of you have done some clever work on the Capri and want to do a write up then these would also get published.£ Because of my situation my Capri is off the road and I can't work on her at present.£ So there is a limit to what I can do.£ Take as many photos of the work you are doing as pictures tell a thousand words.£ Don't worry about your gramma and spelling as I will edit the content!
So thanks for listening and I hope that you will do something to help me keep the site updated and fresh - much better than just moaning all day long, right?
Look forward to receiving lots of new photos from you guys soon!
£
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

A random thought Mark

Post by Peter-S »

The main issue seems to be that £5 has put off the casual poster so what if, say, 10 or 12 benefactors were prepared to pay £25 per year to support the site, could it be free again under your management?
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Another thought...

Post by -JC- »

Maybe another gallery for show pictures? I'm sure between the members we must have amassed quite a few by now. Maybe a videos section too? there seem to have been a few put up recently.ImageJC|2 LITRE LASER AUTOMATIC|STRATOS SILVER
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Matty2148
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk1 GLX

I got loads of pics of my old cars!

Post by Matty2148 »

I`ll dig em out and email you Mark !
Matthew
rich_jc
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Signal Orange 1980 (W) 2.0 GL ("s" spec) 5 speed

Thanks Mark

Post by rich_jc »

I too will dig out some pics. Also, Norfolk Capri Spares have long since gone under, so they can be removed from the recommended page.

My criticism of this site is a double edged sword because as you can tell, im quite passionate about it not going under.

Maybe you could open the gallery up to non members so that anyone can post a pic and story of their car.

Rich
guitarswet

You do not have to pay anything to post a picture..

Post by guitarswet »

anyone who e-mails me a nice picture of a Capri with a bit of a write up will get it on the site.  The main site is free and always has been.  You can use 90% of the site without subscribing.
So far I've had photo sent to me since posting the message above....
guitarswet

Thanks - I've removed Norfolk Capri Listing Now

Post by guitarswet »

that's all it takes - a bit of reliable information!