Woo! I've wired up the hanging baskets. 6 headlights, the id

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
capri_sam
Car(s): Cosworth BOA, big exhaust, little bitty axle, bright yellow interior. Not exactly subtle.

Woo! I've wired up the hanging baskets. 6 headlights, the id

Post by capri_sam »

Fitted mine today, they look awesome and really do help light up the road.

Had some trouble with my dipped beams though, the left one hasnt been working for a couple of weeks, looks to be a relay problem. Rather than do a proper job on it i've just wired it up to the right hand one. Turned it on, the right one now didnt work and now the left one did! Which is stupid as they now run off the same wires, fuses, relay etc. Wasnt until I screwed the headlight cover back in place that it actually worked, but by then it had annoyed me for a good half hour whilst I checked and basically re-wired the whole lot. Always the simple answer eh... That and i'm a bit slow sometimes.

However, it does now look the mutts nuts :) Pictures to follow, with special attention to be paid to the fact (I seem to remember drunkenly rambling on about it at Dicc) that the mounts for the spots are made up out of a couple of hanging basket brackets.

It's nice to be able to see where i'm going at night again :)

I've also changed the gearbox oil. I never thought it could make such a difference, completely different feel to the box, especially when cold. I love it!
Total number of friends who have so far managed to open the passenger door first time: 1.