Dash Protectors

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby andyd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 pm

D366Y wrote:My dash has more cracks than a strip club or building site, so don't think I need one of these but they do look awesome!

It's too late to prevent damage, but it will cover it and save you repairing or buying a new dash :)

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 pm

D366Y wrote:My dash has more cracks than a strip club or building site, so don't think I need one of these but they do look awesome!


Sort of read this and got worried when dan said building site ?

So how I will live this one down I do not know , I could lie and say I never went down to Mum & Dads today but that’s not right so I get down there and show me Dad the new dash Matt and thought great will stick it in the front and get a picture . Dressed in a white shirt and black trousers as today we put my grandad to rest . So I thought I might take the Capri and follow the herse .
Ok that’s get her out the garage . Snap I broke the key in the garage lock . Omg , shit so I can’t get in the garage and we can’t get around the side way as the alarm for the garage will go .

So the Capri is still in the garage and I think we will have to get a lock smith out to sort the door .

And yes all went well in the end and gave the old fella a good send off

So sorry it will have to be nick to beat me to the dash shot .

Still worried about dans crack thought :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:So how I will live this one down I do not know , I could lie and say I never went down to Mum & Dads today but that’s not right so I get down there and show me Dad the new dash Matt and thought great will stick it in the front and get a picture . Dressed in a white shirt and black trousers as today we put my grandad to rest . So I thought I might take the Capri and follow the herse .
Ok that’s get her out the garage . Snap I broke the key in the garage lock . Omg , shit so I can’t get in the garage and we can’t get around the side way as the alarm for the garage will go .

So the Capri is still in the garage and I think we will have to get a lock smith out to sort the door .

And yes all went well in the end and gave the old fella a good send off

So sorry it will have to be nick to beat me to the dash shot .

Still worried about dans crack thought :beer:


Ahh Jason...I feel for you fella. Sorry to hear this. This was the last thing you needed to happen on the day you laid your Grandad to rest after planning on driving your Capri behind the hearse. What a lovely thought Jason. Bet your Grandad was looking down on you and chuckling as it did look like rain today and he knew what you and your Capri thought of rain !! :lol: !! Anyway Jason I am glad the send off went off as well as these things can mate and hope you get your garage lock sorted too. Cheers fella :)

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 pm

[quote="D366Y"]My dash has more cracks than a strip club or building site, so don't think I need one of these/quote]

:lol: :lol: :applaud: :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes I thought it was quite funny really , I nicked your ideal and rolled my dash mat up I did leave it on the windowsill at my Mum and dads . I also wanted to try and have a look for that wheel brace as I am sure there’s one in the tool box .

Cheers for the kind words mate :beer:
Last edited by Jasonmarie on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 pm

D366Y wrote:My dash has more cracks than a strip club or building site, so don't think I need one of these


:lol: :lol: :applaud: :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote: Was impressed with quality of Andy’s Sierra. I’ll have to get one too, it’s on my Christmas list :D


:shock: Bleedin Hell Rob....thats a big pressie mate... :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

Stish704
Donator
Donator
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:34 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Vauxhall Mokka. The daily!
Location: Hornchurch, Essex.

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Stish704 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:09 am

Got my dash protector through the other day. Had a look, put it back in the jiffy envelope!
When I get round to it I’ll bung it in the old girl.
Thinking of you Jason, must have been so frustrating! Glad all went well though.

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby andyd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Bet your Grandad was looking down on you and chuckling as it did look like rain today and he knew what you and your Capri thought of rain !! :lol: !! Anyway Jason I am glad the send off went off as well as these things can mate and hope you get your garage lock sorted too. Cheers fella :)

All the best mate

Nick

:agree: That was his last laugh at you all :)
You'll get it sorted Jason :cheers:

Some XR3 pics on Facebook with these mats fitted, and offering the Mk1 and 2 Fiesta now too :D

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Caprifan Rob » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: Was impressed with quality of Andy’s Sierra. I’ll have to get one too, it’s on my Christmas list :D


:shock: Bleedin Hell Rob....thats a big pressie mate... :lol:

You should see the size of the tree it fits under :D

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:You should see the size of the tree it fits under :D


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont forget to be 'surprised' when you unwrap it Rob... :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote: Was impressed with quality of Andy’s Sierra. I’ll have to get one too, it’s on my Christmas list :D


:shock: Bleedin Hell Rob....thats a big pressie mate... :lol:

You should see the size of the tree it fits under :D

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Caprifan Rob wrote:You should see the size of the tree it fits under :D


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont forget to be 'surprised' when you unwrap it Rob... :)


Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1389
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Caprifan Rob » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:48 pm

andyd wrote:Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:



Not at all, just getting it peeeeace by peeeeace :whistle:

Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby andyd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
andyd wrote:Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:



Not at all, just getting it peeeeace by peeeeace :whistle:

Image

:lol: :cheers:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Jasonmarie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Christ is that Mount Fuji in the back ground I would be happy with a sea view . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm

andyd wrote:Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:


Andy, I cant believe you would think such a thing of me mate.... :wave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pv4Qivn_c
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:Image


Jasonmarie wrote:Christ is that Mount Fuji in the back ground I would be happy with a sea view . :beer:


:lol: Jason, I agree that is a stunning view that Rob has from his lounge window aint it, when that bleedin massive Christmas tree with car parts aint blocking it :)

Not wanting to outshine Robs great view, but I have quite a nice view from my lounge window too. Its always nice to open the curtains every morning to this while eating my Cornflakes :wave:

Image2018-09-16_10-09-05 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Jasonmarie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 pm

I thought you was going next weekend mate , what a stunning view , rest up and have a good time .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5399
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby andyd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:


Andy, I cant believe you would think such a thing of me mate.... :wave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pv4Qivn_c

:wave: I want one now :D

A long wait until show season :crying:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1814
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Dash Protectors

Postby Jasonmarie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am

andyd wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote:Are you two taking the peeeeeace :wave:


Andy, I cant believe you would think such a thing of me mate.... :wave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pv4Qivn_c

:wave: I want one now :D

A long wait until show season :crying:



What picture of Mount Fuji or a large Xmas tree :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: